Thursday, November 5, 2009

2009 Halloween Haunt

A few photos of this year's Halloween's yard haunt.  I've moved to a new house in Burbank, the new layout was challenging.  We are now in the foothills, the yard is on a slight hill, which made this year's scarecrow tower above the sidewalk.  Click on the images for a MUCH larger picture.


Scarecrow that I made - with a nod to Rot at Pumpkinrot.com


Vintage and Folk Art pieces placed on shelves that I built for the large front window.



Front porch - the Beistle Jack O'Lantern goblin is a wooden reproduction that I had made about 10 years ago.  It's much larger than the original cardboard decoration.




3 comments:

Tom Bailey said...

This was over the top. Best pics I have seen yet on any blog of a house for holloween.

How long did it take?

Comment on something I am blogging about so I know when you get this. Best regards.

Rot said...

Simply beautiful.

Stunning actually.

SPOOKSHOWS.COM said...

Thank you Rot, you are the BEST!

Tom, Thank you for your comments! It took about a week to set up. The past two years I've been concentrating on throwing away more commercial decorations and making my own props. I'm getting there...